Are you passionate about or identify as part of Social Justice & Equity?
Do you live, work or play in Manningham?
We’d love you to join one of the community engagement design workshops lead by multi award winning artist Katherine Gailer.
Three different themes are being explored:
- Social Justice & Equity,
- Sustainability & the Environment or
- Refugees & Asylum Seekers?
What to expect in the workshops?
- Workshops consist of a series of exercises that allow participants to explore their individual voice and ideas, followed by sharing exercises where participants negotiate their ideas to find a collective voice
- The exercises ignite participant’s creative self and fosters a constant exchange of ideas
- By the end of the sessions the group will have one statement and a clear vision of the visual narrative of the mural.
About Katherine Gailer:
Katherine Gailer (also known as Katira) is a multi-award winning artist. Originally from Colombia and currently working in Australia, Gailer creates visual narratives exploring cultural identity, our natural environment, women empowerment and spaces of contemporary design. She graduated with honours from a Bachelor of Fine Arts and completed an Arts Management Masters Degree– both at RMIT University.
Her practice incorporates large scale mural painting, oil painting, illustration, design and music. As a creative professional Katherine is constantly pushing the boundaries of art as a vehicle for social cohesion, and her projects often result in participatory murals that engage the community.