Each person’s life journey is unique. Some stories share common themes and experiences, but the way we respond to them can be wide and varied.
Within Manningham Uniting Church, one of the key aims is to walk alongside you, as you navigate your spiritual journey as it is reflected through your everyday experiences.
As our experiences as we journey through life are wide and varied, the support offered by Manningham Uniting Church community is diverse also.
- Pastorally and spiritually caring for you
- Baptism, Confirmation classes
- Discussion and spirituality groups and small groups
- Theological conversation that allows space to explore and wonder
- Listening ear and prayer support
- Inviting and spiritually nourishing message during worship services
Pantry and Crisis Support
- We provide practical support for those struggling day to day with food/groceries through LinC Manningham. LinC Manningham is supported by a number of churches in the local area. lsdl
Nursing homes visitation
- For those living in sheltered accommodation and nursing homes, we offer a ministry. This includes services in nursing homes, transport to worship services, luncheons, and social gatherings.
- For new parents to the area, playgroups are offered through Manningham Uniting Church on a Tuesday.
- There is also a Sunday morning primary school aged children’s program (Young Explorers) at the Templestowe location during worship.
- Again for teenagers, youth group is held every fortnight during term. Through youth group we aim to foster a sense of purpose and value amongst all young people and offer a space for young people to travel their emotional, social and spiritual journey in a supportive environment.
- For students in the local area, we offer Kids Hope at Templestowe Park Primary School and Milgate Primary School
- We also work in conjunction with the wellbeing team at Doncaster Secondary High School supporting their peer leaders and social justice teams.
New to Australia
- For those new to the Australia, we offer free English speaking classes on a Friday. This also allows for two way relationships to be built, encouraging learning about other cultures and experiences while migrants learn skills that will support an easier transition into the community.
And if your journey doesn’t fit into any of these headings, Manningham Uniting Church offers a…
- Community to find and discover your connection
- Supportive environment to ask your questions, wonder and discover
- Space where you can belong, chill and relax
Manningham Uniting Church, its leaders and community are committed to walking with you on your journey, if this is what you seek.
Contact The Hub office to connect in, or you are welcome to attend where you feel inspired to.