- Work as part of a Ministry team
- Part-time role (0.5 equivalent) until end of 2022
- Support programs particularly amongst children, young people and families within the congregation
About the role
Manningham Uniting Church (MUC), a congregation of the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of Victoria and Tasmania, has an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic and committed person to join our team as a part-time Children, Young People and Families Worker (CYFW).
The role will work with the Ministry Team (consisting of ordained and lay members) and volunteers to plan and implement CYF programs and initiatives within MUC and beyond. The role will support current CYF programs, assist in exploring and developing new ones and be open to working with the wider Manningham community in this work. It will support faith development and pastoral care within those engaged in CYF programs.
The role will be based in the new Manningham Uniting Church and Community Centre at Templestowe, in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
About you (Key Selection Criteria)
This position requires the following knowledge and experience:
- A qualification relevant to work with CYF in a faith community
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Experience in supporting vulnerable people
- Experience within the not-for-profit sector (is desirable)
- Experience in working across an intergenerational community
- Willingness to work within the polity and ethos of the Uniting Church and the Basis of Union.
Applications close: 21 March 2022
To apply, or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com