Red Gum Cafe is part of Manningham Uniting Church and the vision for it is to be; A living, breathing space that serves and fosters connection within the community.
If you are looking to combine your professional skills in hospitality in an environment that fosters values that are welcoming, inclusive, generous and open minded then Red Gum Cafe is the place for you.
We are a seeking a Cafe Manager, who is experienced and skilled in managing a café, delivering exceptional customer service, with strong leadership skills and able to connect and build relationships with members, customers and people within the community.
- Nurture and build friendly relationships with members of MUC, customers, suppliers and partners within the community while leading a team that delivers exceptional customer service
- Manage day to day operations of the cafe
- Hiring and on boarding of staff and baristas
- Lead and manage a diverse team of employees and volunteers
- Weekly rostering and shift allocation
- Training employees on food and drink preparation, equipment use, point of sale operation and service
- Monitor, order and maintain store supplies
- Maintain, update and manage daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Comply with health and safety requirements
- Report and consult with Café Management Team on status and direction for the café
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a Café Manager
- Minimum 4 years work experience in hospitality
- Additional certification (e.g in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
- Hands on experience with professional coffee machine
- Barista and food service experience
- Availability to work within and outside operating hours (including weekends and public holidays)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational, decision making and time management skills
- Ability to lead a team and remain calm under pressure
- Food handling certificate