Dear Friends and Members of Manningham Uniting Church (MUC),
The COVID-19 group continues to meet to look at the easing of restrictions by the Victorian government and how we, as a church, might respond. The group is following the advice of the Victorian government and the VicTas synod of the Uniting Church.
From 1 June, the Victorian government is allowing gatherings of up to 20 people inside. Along with the current easing of restrictions, all groups must adhere to the following guidelines:
- up to 20 people, including leaders, can be present with physical distancing measures being followed – 4 metre square per person and keeping a distance of 1.5m from each other. The total number relies on the physical size of the space
- a list of hygiene and cleaning requirements supplied by Synod has to be followed after each group meets
- no food or drink can be served during gatherings in our church buildings. Hygiene and social distancing guidelines need to be followed if food is shared during church gatherings in people’s homes.
- contact information of all present must be recorded at each session – bring your own pens to sign in as we cannot share equipment
- people should not attend a gathering if they are unwell
The Church will ensure there is handwash and sanitiser in the church buildings.
Some tenants are now using the Church buildings and will also be following the government and Synod guidelines listed above.
Some of our Church social groups may also like to meet if there is consensus between members and leaders. No-one should feel pressure to attend and the guidelines of the Victorian government must be followed – physical distancing, cleaning, recording of contact information. The Hub must be informed if groups wish to use the Church buildings but the same hygiene, social distancing guidelines and recording of contact information apply if church groups are meeting in people’s homes. Please listen to medical advice particularly if you are in a vulnerable category: over 70, immunity issues, pregnant.
Portfolios, Church Council and all church management and governance committees will continue to meet via zoom, telephone or email. They will not physically gather.
We continue to look at how we might return to worship within the applicable restrictions and more information will be sent round as the situation becomes clearer. We will be in touch again after 22 June when the Victorian government aims to make further announcements on restrictions. Please speak to Rev Claire if you need to arrange a funeral.
Thank you for your patience. Please phone Moses, Megan, Claire or Ray if you need to clarify anything here.
The COVID-19 Group on behalf of Church Council,