Dear Friends and Members of Manningham Uniting Church (MUC),
Premier Dan Andrews announced the easing of some restrictions in Victoria. In order to keep everyone safe, Church Council would like to communicate the following to you all.
The church buildings remain closed, but the Church is still open
- Worship will continue to be online with pastoral care offered through phone calls, mailouts, email and zoom. Phone Rev Claire, Megan or Scott if you need pastoral support.
- Megan will continue her mailouts to those without access to the internet.
- The different groups of the church will still meet safely via phone and zoom – contact the group leader if you are unclear or check the website. Groups will not be meeting in person yet.
- The hub continues to operate remotely – please phone if you need anything in particular from the office or church.
- Church Council and portfolios will continue to meet safely on zoom.
- Ideas on how to support your local community are found in the worship online space
For all information about worship, Manningham community, pastoral and prayer resources, virtual gatherings, please visit the church website here: http://manninghamuc.org/online/
We will continue to make use of chapels in funeral homes where they are equipped for live streaming and recording of services. We recognise this is a difficult time without the complication of COVID-19. Contact Rev Claire if you would like to talk this through. The resources for grieving at this difficult time can be found here: http://manninghamuc.org/2020/04/25/grief-and-dying-at-this-extraordinary-time/
Property portfolio will continue to ensure our churches are cleaned according to the Work Safe Victoria cleaning checklist.
So do not fear,
for I am with you;
do not be dismayed,
for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Although small groups of 10 people, using physical distancing, are now permitted to gather, we will not be doing so. Many of our members are in the high-risk category but we encourage everyone to take part in the ‘pray where you are’ prayer group. At 8.45am on Thursday mornings, stop what you are doing and spend time in prayer knowing that others in our church gather at the same time. Why not simply pray the Lord’s Prayer.
The scripture verse we have reflected upon throughout this time of isolation is from Isaiah 41:10
do not fear, for I am with you,
do not be afraid, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand
A reflection from Good Friday on this verse can be found on the church website here
If you are struggling and would like prayer support, phone Rev Claire.
If you need information on symptoms and what to do, follow this link to the Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
Continue to stay safe,